Belarusian consumers do not suffer from cutoff of the Russian electricity imports. This was stated by Assistant Secretary of Energy of Belarus Liudmila Zenkovich. "The Ministry of Energy and the union Belenergo are taking all necessary steps to resolve this situation," she said.
As Telegraf previously reported, June 29, Inter RAO shut down electricity supply to Belarus over the unpaid RUB600 million of debt.
Head of the Ministry of Economy of Belarus Nikolai Snopkov announced June 29 that Belarus would pay for the electricity imported by the Russian company Inter RAO. «Any self-respecting state pays off its debts. Therefore, we will also pay for the used imported electricity,» said the head of the Ministry of Economy.