Russian President Dmitri Medvedev "expressed his deep condolences in connection with the attack in Minsk subway" during a telephone conversation with his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko on April 11. He offered to provide all necessary consulting medical care, as well as "to send group of FSS officers, having extensive experience in investigating such attacks, to Belarus."
In turn, Alexander Lukashenko thanked Dmitri Medvedev for his condolences and offers of assistance,» told the press service of the Belarusian president.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin joined the president in expressing condolence, having sent a telegram to the Prime Minister of Belarus Mikhail Miasnikovich, BelTA informs.
«We, like no other, are empathizing with the fraternal Belarusian nation in its grief. We hope for a speedy full recovery of all victims. You can count on any help and assistance from our side, including the investigation of what has happened,» he said.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon Grieves over Explosion in Minsk Subway
Ban Ki-moon has expressed his condolences to the people of Belarus, as well as the families of the victims, and wished a speedy recovery to the injured. «The Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has learned with sadness about the deadly blast in Minsk subway in Belarus as a result of which, reportedly, at least 11 people were killed and many others were injured,» noted in the UN News Center.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), as well as Foreign Minister of Lithuania Audronius Ažubalis, haven’t remained indifferent. «I express our sincere condolences to the people of Belarus after today’s explosion. Our sympathy is directed primarily to the families of those killed and injured,» he stressed.
As Telegraf previously reported, chairman of the European Parliament Jerzy Buzek also expressed his condolences to the families of those killed in Minsk. According to him, the cause of the explosion must be fully disclosed.